Organizing ReConnect Events
Anyone can propose to convene a ReConnect event of any kind or about any topic. The process is as follows:
- Submit a ReConnect proposal to the CASRAI Secretariat,
- If accepted by the applicable governance group you will be notified,
- You start organizing in collaboration with the Secretariat.
Since every ReConnect will focus on a specific topic or theme the events have a naming convention. Some hypothetical examples:
- ReConnect Germany would be an appropriate workshop name focusing on learning about CASRAI within the German research management community. Other similarly named events in other research-producing nations might be: ReConnect UK, ReConnect Sweden, ReConnect America;
- ReConnect Impact would an appropriate conference (or workshop) name for an international event on the broad topic of measuring research impact. Other similarly named events based on a specific topic might be: ReConnect Outcomes, ReConnect Data Management Plans, ReConnect Open Access;
- ReConnect CRIS would be an appropriate PlugFest name focusing on testing the interoperability of CASRAI standards between Current Research Information Systems. Other similarly named events based on a specific product or technology might be: ReConnect Repositories, ReConnect CVs, ReConnect Journals.
CASRAI will be publishing guides to help you organize various types of ReConnect events:
- National Workshop
- Topic Workshop
- Round Table