Funding Awards Agreement v1
The Funding Awards standard information agreement specifies the admin data required for the business process step where a research-funder announces the results of awards competitions so that universities and colleges can automate the collection of the announcements and subsequent internal business processes there.
This standard information agreement has been developed to satisfy the requirements of the following use cases:
- As a research-performing organization with researchers who have applied for funding we need to automate to retrieval of funding decisions to improve our internal efficiency;
- As a research-funding organization trying to answer questions about what is being funded around the country or the world we benefit from automated collection and aggregation of funding results decisions made available by other research-funders.
The consumer of the admin data has a set of expectations on what they require of the data. These expectations can be structured as a set of questions the data must answer:
- Which research-funder is awarding the funds?
- Which project is being funded?
- Who is the PI?
- Which research institution is administering the funds?
- Which funding application does this refer to?
- How much funding is being awarded over which calendar periods?
The following admin data elements are required for a complete 'answer' to the above 'question set'. CASRAI working groups adopt the MoSCoW method for expressing the relative importance of any single admin data element. The following admin data elements are required in this standard information agreement:
The following information is included about the research-funder posting the announcement.
- Name (M) - The full name of the funding organization issuing the announcement.
- ID (S) - The unique identifier of a research-funding organization.
- ID Type (S) - The nominal type of unique ID used for a research-funding organization. Controlled Vocabulary
The following information is included about each award included in the posting the announcement.
- Program ID (C) - A unique identifier, local to the funding organization, which identifies the funding program.
- Multi-Period Reference - to be defined
- Amount (M)
- Start Date (M) - Date when the funds become available for disbursement, and/or are eligible to be spent.
- End Date (M) - Date after which funds cannot be disbursed, and/or are ineligible to be spent.
The following information is included about the individual who applied for the award.
- Salutation (M) - The title that forms part of a person's full name.
- First Name (M) - The person's given name.
- Last Name (M) - The person's family name.
- Funder Account PIN (M) - The person identification number for this person stored locally at a specific funding organization.
- ID (S) - The unique ID used for a principal investigator.
- ID Type (S) - The nominal type of unique ID used for a principal investigator. Controlled Vocabulary
The following information is included about the project to which funding is being awarded.
- ID (C) - The unique identifier of a research project.
- Title (M) - The title of a research project.
The following information is included about the request for funding made in the application.
- Reference ID (M) - A unique identifier, local to the funding organization, which identifies the funding application for this project.
The following information is included about the research institution that will administer the funds.
- Name (M) - The full name of the research performing organization administering the funds.
- City (M) - The city or municipality of the lead institution.
- ID (S) - The unique identifier of the lead institution.
- ID Type (S) - The nominal type of unique ID used for a research institutions.
This standard information agreement has a corresponding XML schema to enable IT representatives at CASRAI-compliant organizations to understand the underlying model and to either directly test and implement exchanges of this admin data or to map to a preferred modelling approach used internally.
- link to XSD documentation